Employee Engagement is an important part of any successful company. Executives and managers are continually asking themselves “What are the most important factors that contribute to an employee’s engagement at work?”
According to research, here are the leading drivers that result in high levels of employee engagement:
- Common Goal/Ethos of the Company – Knowing their company’s ‘Big Why?’ is most important factor in a employees commitment to being engaged in their work. What is the company’s mission, vision, and value?
- Job Importance – Understanding how their role fits into the large plans of the company. How do their efforts contribute to the organization’s success?
- Clarity of Role Expectations – Knowing the work that they need to perform and what constitutes satisfactory results. How is their job performed correctly? What does success in that role look like?
- Authentic, Quality Working Relationships – Enjoying the people they work for and with. Do the employees authentically value the relationships of the people they spend time with during their work?
- Career Advancement Opportunities – Knowing that their are options for upward mobility in the organization is a significant motivator for staying engaged. If they perform well in this role, what opportunities will they have for promotion?
- Regular Feedback – Knowing what you are doing well and what could be improved in a role. Feedback needs to be communicated often in both formal and informal ways. Are they doing a great job? Are there some ways they could be even better at their role?
- Effective Internal Communications – Keeping the entire company in the loop. Making sure that every employee is aware of any organizational improvements, shifts, or changes. Do they know where this company is currently and where we plan on going in the future?
For an organization to truly foster Employee Engagement, these are the areas of focus that will lead to success.
Engaged Employees lead to higher profitability, increased productivity, and greater customer satisfaction. Isn’t that something we all aspire to? You can check out the details about Employee Engagement HERE
Stay passionate about your work and enthusiastic about your efforts!